Clarience Technologies is an industry-leading, high-technology manufacturing company headquartered in Southfield, Michigan. Focused on visibility and telematics solutions and primarily serving the transportation sector on a global basis, the company was founded over 65 years ago. As an innovative growth company, we are seeking a highly talented Lean and Continuous Improvement Leader to join our team in our Southfield, MI headquarters location.
The lean six sigma black belt is a facilitative leader accountable for process improvements yielding bottom-line productivity as well setting the framework for a culture of Continuous Improvement. The position is instrumental in driving lean six sigma transformation across all the Clarience businesses, including deployment strategy, planning, training, coaching, project management, structured problem solving and tool development while managing all activities associated with the design, implementation and sustainment of lean production and management systems.
Qualified candidates will possess the following minimum credentials:
- S. in a STEM field (preferable Industrial Engineering).
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Advanced degree and PMP certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification through a recognized, national organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC methodology applied to process design or process improvement in a production environment.
- Deep statistics expertise and data analysis and visualization using MiniTab and Tableau (or similar software).
- Proven team builder and leader.
- Change leadership experience; willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances.
- Experience in automotive and/or heavy duty on-highway vehicle industry a plus.
- Ability to travel 40 - 50% of the time.
Clarience Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.