The role of Road Ready Senior Software Architect is a leadership role that defines new architecture and strategies, as well as refining existing technology. While incorporating emerging technologies and trends, this role will define the tools for development teams to create, enhance, and optimize customer solutions roadmaps. This role will also provide cross-functional leadership and working with business leaders and software engineers, the role will design high performing and scalable systems.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop roadmaps, proof of concepts, and strategies.
- Lead the evaluation of software development and determine impact on strategic objectives and manage overall implementation.
- Meet with senior leadership and mid-level management to align technical architecture with current and planned business process initiatives and strategies.
- Evaluate and research third-party packages and recommend customization opportunities.
- Assist with the architectural design of projects, provide expertise to project team members, and ensure adherence to established stands and principles.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Create high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Provide development teams with architectural blueprints.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of software development experience.
- 12+ years of experience of programming languages, core frameworks and technologies from an enterprise level.
- 5+ years of experience defining enterprise architecture and strategies for multi-tiered application systems.
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services, Amazon RDS and EC2.
- 5+ years of experience with distributed database environments and related database concepts.
- 5+ years leading multiple large software projects.
- Proficiency with Agile project management methodologies.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Automotive or trucking experience is a plus.
Clarience Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.