- Develop and perform testing programs/procedures and using milestone planning and charting as responsible for completion on a timely basis.
- Review customer specifications and determine critical sequence of tests; determining how many parts will be needed to complete all testing and the amount of time testing will take to complete.
- Develop and quote fixturing required for use in laboratory testing, including design development, quoting with outside fabrication companies as necessary, and determination of lead time completion.
- Develop DVP & R’s (test plans) for new products to assure that all customer requirements and legal regulations are properly planned for and reported for compliance.
- Test product to identified standards and testing protocol.
- Participate in New Product Introduction teams as the lead PV&D representative to support the development and introduction of new products.
- Participate in Life Cycle Management teams as the lead PV&D representative to support the continuous improvement efforts associated with legacy product upgrades and improvements.
- Lead sub-contracted testing outside of Truck-Lite from quotation for cost and lead time and planning to assure timely completion of testing required from sub-contractors.
- Perform detailed analysis of products following test procedure to clearly identify root cause of failure or potential threats that narrow passing safety margin.
- Write technical Laboratory reports and product certification documents, providing detailed documentation for use by external customers and internal requestors of laboratory work.
- Travel (up to 10%) required for field product installations, data collection and fleet testing of products.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory or other department testing equipment as required; assist in the repair of such equipment, as necessary.
- Review and research customer technical questions or product complaints as directed and coordinate response(s) with appropriate company personnel.
- Support a safe work environment along with good housekeeping practices.
Specific Skills and/or Experience with Software, Equipment, etc.:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering design prints.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in a self-directed atmosphere.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis (preferred).
4-year college, ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred, BSME in Electrical, Mechanical, Plastics, or Material Engineering also considered.
End of year office move from Falconer, NY to Erie, PA. Must be willing to work out of the new Erie, PA office location.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled