- Complete and deliver performance reviews for their team members.
- Lead Corrective Action Teams, coach, council, and discipline hourly and office hourly team members.
- Participate in the interviewing process.
- Investigate rejections for root cause and corrective steps to eliminate future occurrences.
- Actively use the AS400 and JDE systems in performing daily duties and responsibilities.
- Read and interpret prints, routers and BOMs.
- Perform quality checks while walking the production floor.
- Back up the Production Manager when he/she is not in the building.
- Work weekends when the need is there.
- Work overtime during the week when necessary.
- Update the attendance logs and calendars daily.
- Approve and track vacations for all members of your assigned shift.
- Also perform all other duties assigned by the Plant Manager and the Production Manager.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates all production processes in the Harness Department.
- Maintains and improves uninterrupted production, product quality, schedule, cost efficiency, and employee relations and safety through managing all inputs to production processes as Supervisor for the production operations.
- Supervises employees in the manufacturing plant.
- Trains employees and acts as shift training coordinator for all training programs.
- Appraises employee job performance, coaches, and develops employee skills, manages conflict, and issues corrective action discipline to employees as needed.
- Responsible for taking/implementing corrective actions, as necessary.
High school required, college preferred and 2 to 4 years of related supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Must have good PC skills. Prefer a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Familiar with JD Edwards enterprise software is helpful.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled