- Participate in new product development and product life cycle management teams – directly responsible for purchased components (understand function, identify, and document critical performance characteristics, develop performance specifications)
- With the procurement team, lead efforts in identifying, evaluating, quoting, and selecting suppliers for purchased parts
- Lead and/or support supplier cost savings projects – through process improvements, design changes, and/or supplier resourcing activities
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Procurement, and Suppliers to successfully match Clarience Technologies’ needs with suppliers’ capabilities
- Responsible for the quality of purchased parts and services from suppliers. Requests, reviews, and approves PPAP’s. Works with directly with suppliers to resolve any quality issues that may arise during production.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback to suppliers
- Lead re-sourcing efforts in support of corporate quality, delivery, and productivity goals
- Provide support to the Project Engineer leading the NPI teams.
- Be the liaison between the Clarience Technologies team and the supplier
- Provide regular updates regarding status of purchased part development
- Provide regular updates on the PPAP status of purchased parts
- Correlate supplier documents (Control Plan, PFMEA, Process Flow Diagram) to pertinent drawing requirements
- Perform SQA activities until the PPAP is complete, and the product has moved to the production phase
Supplier Relationship Management
- Establish relationships with various suppliers across all commodities/categories.
- Provide engineering/technical support to the supplier during the development of new custom and outsourced finished parts
- This includes supporting plastic injection molding, die casting, coatings, outsourced lamps, wiring/harnessing, and electronics components & assemblies
- Work together with the Global Commodity/Category team to help source parts at the appropriate supplier from a technical perspective
- Help perform/coordinate supplier audits and/or self-assessments, to assure that the suppliers are capable of producing various parts per the drawing/technical requirements.
- Essential: Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, and/or related Engineering Discipline
- 3-7 years’ experience in an automotive and/or manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Clarience Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.