Clarience Technologies is the total visibility company. We believe that visibility is vital, particularly in the transportation industry. The more you see, the more you know, the safer you are, and the more you can achieve! That’s why our mission is to leverage leading electronics, technology, telematics, and data analytics capabilities to bring total visibility to transportation.
Working with leading global logistics companies, at Clarience Technologies you will be part of a technical, innovative team that solves industry challenges unique to the transportation and logistics sectors. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced work environment with assignments that address real-time industry issues that promote technology-based solutions focused on end-user safety and productivity, allowing for continual growth and improved operations.
We offer steady long-term employment with the opportunity to interface with seasoned employees in the industry who understand the technology that drives innovation and learning experiences. The successful candidate will work in an open, collaborative team environment with technology-driven assignments supporting and leveraging our mission.
This position reports to the Research Engineering group. The position is responsible for the investigation and development of technologies in vision management, light management, material science, electronics, electronical connectivity and communication, energy management, and technology deployment used in applications for future Clarience Technologies/Truck-Lite telematics, heavy-duty signal, and forward lighting products.
Specific research and development projects include the investigation of technology and application(s) that involve communication devices (IIoT) used in transportation telematics including the development of devices that can sense variable data such as temperature, pressure, volume, time, and displacement and send the data back using an RF (IEEE 802.15.4), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, RS 232/485, CANBus (SAE J1969) or RFID to a collecting device. The position supports the development of "statements of work" that are used to define the requirements of the application for internal and/or third-party contractor investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the firmware, thermal, optical, and mechanical engineers as electrical hardware is being designed.
- Incorporates considerations for data and messaging, thermal and optical requirements, mechanical specifications, safety concerns, and fleet operational inefficiencies in the electrical designs.
- Provide advisory and oversight support for work performed by third parties,
- Develops project statements/technology definitions for a specific application for device revisions or for new application technology.
- Works with program/project manager for a clear definition of the application and to match the application and technology for the most cost-effective solution(s).
- Presents 'proof of concepts’ designs and DFMEA identifying the potential failure modes.
- Develops stress and validation testing plans for the device hardware including in the form of a DVP&R
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Master's in electrical engineering discipline preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of experience in hardware design.
- 3+ years of experience in circuit design development.
- CADD-Altium related circuit and schematic design.
- Embedded software resources with RTOS/Linux
- Embedded system architect to define system from micro to cloud server level.
- High-end microprocessor (GHz speed) engineering.
- Development of mobile and cellular base communication using Bluetooth protocol to sensory devices utilizing multiple protocols from network hardware partnerships.
- Manufacturing printed circuit board experience.
- Understand system functionality to provide better hardware abstraction layers.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Position requires compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled