- Oversee/Manage all Manufacturing Engineering functions including all Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Automation, Plastics Process Engineering, Tool and Equipment Engineering and Machine shop functions.
- Oversee the development of a departmental vision and strategy for Manufacturing Engineering including attention on global resources and related training and development plans for staff to ensure capable and qualified Manufacturing Engineering workforce.
- Oversee continuous improvement of processes, equipment, tools, fixtures, molds, systems, methods and work instructions.
- Oversee the design of efficient and capable manufacturing and distribution processes, handling methods and packaging activities.
- Provide expert guidance and technical advice on manufacturing process optimization, and problem solving.
- Oversee all new product/process start-ups and all assigned projects and related costs.
- Oversees all related productivity improvement projects for US manufacturing facilities.
- Develops and implements the capital budget plan for US manufacturing facilities.
- Participate and provide effective and contributing support for all Core Teams.
- Support product engineering in the development, quoting and start-up of all new products.
- Implement and enforce Truck-Lite policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Confers with other department heads to ensure consistency in the organization's long-term planning.
- Enhances internal organization processes and infrastructure in support of business operations.
- Leads and supports the Manufacturing Engineering budgeting process.
- Coordinates needed support to operations areas through intradepartmental interface for smooth workflow and cost-efficient product or service.
- Coach and Mentor Manufacturing Engineering Department managerial/supervisory employees. Develop staff to ensure growth in existing roles and development of strengths for future roles within the Company. Train, develop and appraise employee performance. Coach employees and manage conflicts.
- Support manufacturing organization as a service department on new products, quality, process and tooling issues to meet production goals.
- Investigate and develop new technologies to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Ensure the accuracy of Manufacturing Engineering information/systems and data.
- Support regular US and occasional international travel requirements.
- Support any other activities as directed.
- Position requires compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
4-year degree. Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, or Manufacturing Engineering with 5-7 years related manufacturing engineering supervisory work experience. Preferred candidates will have previous experience with manufacturing methods/processes and PLC programming. Must possess strong mechanical aptitude/creative/advisory/informational/instructional/communication/problem solving/meeting skills. Prefer candidates with experience working with Ultrasonic and vibration welding, spot welding, automated vision and electrical testing
Knowledge of the following hardware / software is preferred: Microsoft Office, Autocad, Solidworks, RSLogic, AB Panelbuilder, CTC HMI, Compumotor, Motion Architect, Interact, Yaskawa. Fanuc and ABB robot, Labview, Allen Bradly and Unitronics PLC, Minitab
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled