Clarience Technologies is the total visibility company. We believe that visibility is vital, particularly in the transportation industry. The more you see, the more you know, the safer you are, and the more you can achieve! That’s why our mission is to leverage leading electronics, technology, telematics, and data analytics capabilities to bring total visibility to transportation.
Working with leading global logistics companies, at Clarience Technologies you will be part of a technical, innovative team that solves industry challenges unique to the transportation and logistics sectors. Our team members enjoy a fast-paced work environment with assignments that address real-time industry issues that promote technology-based solutions focused on end-user safety and productivity, allowing for continual growth and improved operations.
We offer steady long-term employment with the opportunity to interface with seasoned employees in the industry who understand the technology that drives innovation and learning experiences. The successful candidate will work in an open, collaborative team environment with technology-driven assignments supporting and leveraging our mission.
Supports assignments presented in the research and development investigation of technology and application(s) that involve communication devices (IIoT) used in transportation telematics. The research and investigation would include device firmware code, software code and compatible hardware to operate in a heavy-duty environment. The device design would require communication protocol for the sensory device(s) then broadcasting to a collecting data device that has cellular functionality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops statement of work for the application that would involve a sensory device revision or a new application. May need to work with telematics program manager for clear definition of the application.
- Collaborates with the hardware engineers as the hardware is being designed to incorporate all components required for the data and messaging, with the thought of efficiency data extraction and transmission of the data. All devices will operate in a heavy-duty transportation environment.
- Writes firmware source code to extract the data from the sensory device in format that is readable to the receiving collecting master control unit.
- Works with the user interface code writers to develop messaging data from the sensory device to the user interface in a format that will allow the data parsed to be converted into a customer facing display called a widget.
- Develops an alpha and beta testing plan for the device firmware. Construct a stress testing plan for the firmware during the validation testing.
- System-level integration experience.
- (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience.
- Experience reading electrical schematics.
- Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope and logic analyzer.
- Technical document writing experience using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint.
- Revision and document control experience.
- Experience programming with C/ C++/ C#/ Assembly/ Linux Based OS.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Computer Engineering or related field
- 2-5+ years of experience in software design
- 2-5+ years of experience in software development in a collaborative environment
- Radio Frequency (IEEE 802.15.4)/ CANBUS knowledge
- Bluetooth/BLE connectivity knowledge
- Wireless electronic device experience
- Manufacturing printed circuit board experience
- Software development: firmware, IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Preferred not required, master’s degree in engineering discipline.
- Understand functionality of the system to provide better hardware abstraction layer
- Maintains up-to-date job knowledge by way of attendance at seminars, visits to shops and equipment builders, trade journals and personal study time, including Clarience Technologies sponsored E-college courses.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Copy machine, drafting and drawing equipment as needed, (PC related skill, MS office products with an intermediate command of the software packages), checking gages, engineering calculator, CADD translator and math data translator.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
Clarience Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce M/F/Vets/Disabled