The position reports to the Systems Integration group. The position supports the design and development of new trailer harness projects and the enhancement of existing products for Truck-Lite’s OEM, fleet, trailer, and body market customers. Initial responsibilities include:
- Works with leaders of body and trailer markets to support application development projects and to gain standardization of harness business at key customers.
- Uses CAD to design wiring harnesses for trailers and bodies.
- Develops working knowledge of Truck-Lite products to support customer technical needs.
- Uses NPI guidelines to deliver Systems Integration projects on time and meeting cost targets.
- Support harness tooling projects and capability studies.
- Support harness cost reduction engineering, formal product specifications development, and product design constraints.
- Provides product engineering support to manufacturing engineering and the manufacturing floor.
Supports future growth and opportunities related to the development of Future Trailer Electrical Architecture and the Future Tractor/Trailer Interface using applicable emerging technologies in the transportation industry. These technologies include:
- Telematics – Power and communication including - devices that can sense variable data such as temperature, pressure, volume, time, and displacement, and can send this data back to a collecting device.
- Lighting – Signal, and communication based on applicable SAE & DOT requirements.
- Electrification for Trailer and Body Markets including the optimization of relative components.
- Vision Assistance – Communication link including Video & Audio applications.
- Electrical Connectivity for Heavy Duty applications including considerations for Lighting, communication, and power transmission.
Supports future growth and opportunities through the development of devices and compatible hardware to operate in a heavy-duty environment.
- Develops statement of works that are used to define the requirements of applications for internal investigations and for collaboration with third-party contractors. Advises and provides oversight when dealing with third parties.
- Collaborates with other firmware, thermal, optical, and mechanical engineers as the electrical hardware is being designed.
- Incorporates considerations for data and messaging, thermal and optical requirements, and/or mechanical specifications into the electrical designs.
- Develops alpha and beta testing plans for the device hardware.
Support other activities as directed.
Position requires compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
Preferred candidates will have 3+ years of experience in hardware and circuit design, experience in circuit board manufacturing, CADD-Altium related circuit and schematic design. Experience with RF (IEEE 802.15.4), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, RS 232/485, CANBus (SAE J1969) or RFID is a plus.
Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled