The Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineering Lead is responsible for managing quality, testing, and production for a new, state of the art PCBA production facility. This position works with plant management to develop and maintain a successful production process. In addition, the following will be the primary accountabilities of this role:
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflow, task and job management, quality systems.
- Identify and implement process changes to improve yields, reduce costs, improve run-time, reduce downtime, and improve quality for all products.
- Create reflow profiles ensuring integrity of solder joints within internal quality guidelines.
- Analyze yield of SMT processes to ensure process capabilities and throughput.
- Analyze SMT defects to determine likely failure modes.
- Develop practical economic solutions to meet performance, cost, and schedule requirements within program constraints.
- Utilize offline software to generate SMT and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) programs.
- Perform root cause analysis of day-to-day issues associated with manufacturing.
- Drive Zero-Defect Quality, 100% On Time Delivery and minimal Cycle Time.
- Manage team of assemblers